Starting August 1, 2020, San Damiano Retreat will once again offer personal retreats for individuals. A personal retreat provides an opportunity to get away from hectic daily life to seek peace and solitude for rest, renewal, prayer, and praise. During this time of Covid 19, perhaps you long for a change of scenery or a different place to work quietly for the day. All rooms are equipped with WiFi.
We offer several options for visiting San Damiano:
- Day visit, no room. Enjoy the grounds and courtyard from the hours of 10 AM – 4:00 PM. Cost: $25. Bring your own lunch
- Day visit with bedroom. Hours of 10 AM – 4 PM. Cost (with box lunch): $65. Or bring your own lunch; cost is $55.
- Overnight personal retreat. Cost is $100 per night for first 2 nights and $85/night for each additional night. Meals are included. Check-in and checkout times are both 1:00 PM
What do you do on a Personal Retreat?
While you are on a private retreat you can create and structure your own personal time. Read, pray, write or sleep. Choose to walk on our many trails or walk the labyrinth. Spend time in nature by sitting in the Canticle Garden.
We live in a world filled with competing demands and have little time for reflection and contemplation. It helps to step aside to rest awhile and to reflect on the deeper meaning of events in our lives. Spiritual direction is one source you may want to take advantage of while you are here. We have a team of spiritual directors to meet with personal retreatants. They can help you schedule your days, give you ideas for prayer, and help you deepen your experience of God.
What is Available for You?
- Our prayerful chapel remains open. Due to Covid-19, no daily mass for now.
- 55 acres of walking paths, gardens, meditation spaces and a labyrinth
- Meals & bedroom with bathroom and linens
- Spiritual Direction (encouraged to be arranged at least a week before your stay)
Helpful things to know
- There is no set schedule except meal times. It is up to you to use this time for whatever is needed in your life at this moment.
- Deposits are non-refundable but can be used for another personal retreat within the next year.
- For payment we accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover cards, cash or checks.
- If you come during the week and leave Friday, you will need to vacate your bedroom by 10:00 AM.
- Please note that conference room access is not available to personal retreatant.
What is the Purpose of Spiritual Direction during private retreat time?
Spiritual Direction is about responding to God’s invitation to draw closer in relationship. It is meant to help us learn how to be attentive to God’s presence and action in our lives and to make choices based on that awareness. Spiritual Direction is available daily if you desire and is included in the retreat price. Download the Personal Retreat with Spiritual Direction Brochure for more information.
Arranging a Personal Retreat
Please complete the form below with dates you would like to make your retreat and we will get back to you in 2-3 business days. Peace and all good.